Hunger hurts our family members, neighbors and friends. We can help. Make an active and hands-on contribution to end hunger in Los Angeles County by hosting a Food or Fund Drive to benefit the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank.
Before you decide to host a traditional food drive, please learn about the variety of ways you can help make a difference in our community that may actually be more beneficial to everyone!
Did you know: $1 donation becomes four meals? That’s nearly five pounds of food!
VIRTUAL FOOD DRIVES
Host a virtual food drive online. It’s easy, secure and convenient to set up your very own virtual food drive on our website!
We encourage you to hold a Virtual Food Drive. By holding your food drive online, you will save the Food Bank time and resources that are incurred on physical food drives. Plus, your donations will help us purchase the most needed food items, like canned tuna, peanut butter, canned fruits, vegetables and cereals.
With our purchasing power and network of wholesale and retail donors, we are able to do much more with a monetary donation. We are a 4-star Charity Navigator organization (highest rating) and 97 percent of all revenues go to programs.
Host a traditional food drive by registering online. We gladly accept all non-perishable food items. Find the best items to donate here.
- Register your food drive.
- Set a goal to keep your team motivated.
- Track your progress.
- Promote your food drive by sending friends and co-workers regular updates by e-mail.
- In order to maximize our resources, a 400 pound minimum is required for all food drive pick-up requests.
- Order food donation boxes. A suggested $20 donation will help us offset our costs for the boxes.
- Consider adding a monetary component to your traditional drive. It’s often easier for people to give money or contribute through a virtual food drive page.
For more information about food drives, email us at FoodDrives@lafoodbank.org or call (323) 234-3030 x194.