Food Drives and Fund Drives
Looking for a meaningful way to take action and a great opportunity to get involved? Food drives and fund drives raise awareness of hunger in the community, collect food for people in need and play an essential role in the fight against hunger.
Food Drives & Virtual Food Drives
- Set a goal to keep your team motivated
- Order food donation boxes. A suggested $20 donation will help us offset our cost shipping food donation boxes.
- Sign up for the Virtual Food Drive here to raise funds during your food drive
- Track progress towards your goal
- Promote your drive by sending your friends and coworkers regular updates by email!
For more information about food drives, email us at FoodDrives@lafoodbank.org or call (323) 234-3030 x194.
The 350 Pound Pledge
Please allow 7 - 10 business days from registration to receive boxes
Food drives are great as it helps us stock empty pantry shelves. With our limited time and funds, in order to maximize our resources a 350 lb. minimum is required for all Food Drives.
If your office/group is small, you can still help by:
- Collecting food in your own containers and delivering it to the Food Bank
- Donating food at one of our drop-off locations
We encourage you to add a Virtual Food Drive component to your food drive. By holding your food drive online, you will be saving the Food Bank time and resources that are incurred on physical food drives.
Plus, your donations will help us purchase the most needed food items, like canned tuna, peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables and cereals. Every $1 we receive, allows us to distribute enough food for 4 meals.
For information about the virtual food drive, email email@example.com or call at (323) 234-3030 x174.
No room or time to conduct a food drive? Try a fund drive instead!
Your group or company can raise funds to benefit the hungry of Los Angeles County. Call the Food Bank at (323) 234-3030 x194 for tips on making your fund drive a success.