Job Title: Director of Accounting
Job Type: Full time
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Position Summary: The Director of Accounting will have primary responsibility for management and oversight of the Accounting team. This will include direct responsibility for review and maintenance of general ledger journal entry, auditing of program records and reports, inventory recordkeeping and reports, payroll, and accounts receivables and payables. Guides and directs staff in all aspects of general ledger preparation, transaction posting, reconciliation, depreciation, expense and budget reporting, revenue, etc. Participates in the formulation and execution of internal procedures and processes necessary to manage current activities and assure compliance to GAAP. Works with Chief Financial Officer in analysis of bank reports, including cash information and status, and makes recommendations to ensure tight controls are maintained.
Qualifications and Requirements: The chosen candidate will be able to work on numerous priorities with competing deadlines. The candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented. The chosen candidate will be knowledgeable and experienced in leading by example and will possess:
• Minimum five (5) years of high-level management experience, handling all phases of Accounting from detailed journal entry to month-end closing, as well as strong leadership capabilities, including ability to inspire and motivate;
• Must be able to interact well with all levels of personnel;
• A professional demeanor and solid work style that elicits trust from staff;
• A strong work ethic and an open, positive attitude;
• Impeccable integrity, sound judgment, and discretion needed to handle confidential matters;
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related course
Position: Annual Giving Manager
Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Development and the Chief Development Officer this position is responsible for growing the base of annual donors.
Responsibilities & Duties
Works with the Director of Marketing and Development to develop and implement an annual giving plan that includes: individual and corporate donors, direct mail, special events, third party events and social media.
Works with the Chief Development Officer to develop an individual strategy for 50+ identified donors with a goal to increase their annual donations.
Develops and implements a plan to identify, cultivate and solicit prospective annual donors.
Works with the Director of Communications to produce materials necessary for the implementation of donor cultivation strategies.
Assists with the planning, implementation and expansion of the Food Bank’s special events as directed by the Director of Marketing and Development.
Provides weekly status reports
Assists the Chief Development Officer as needed.
1. Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent. Minimum five years of demonstrated leadership success developing and managing comprehensive development programs. Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to think strategically and long term. Strong presentation skills including networking and public speaking required. Must possess high energy, a strong work ethic and an unquestioned reputation for honesty and integrity. Superb organizational skills and detail oriented. Sound interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to listen and evaluate opinions, suggestions and recommendations of others. Solid knowledge of database management using Raiser’s Edge. Insured vehicle with valid California driver license.