The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank was recently named the Los Angeles Business Journal’s Organization of the Year. The award, in the category of nonprofits with an operating budget of greater than $10 million, honors organizations that make a positive impact on the community. Join our team as we continue to impact the lives of over 1,000,000 people each year.
JOB TITLE: MANAGER OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
LOCATION: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIASUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Primary responsibilities are the creation and distribution of internally and externally facing communication initiatives, supporting the goals of the Food Bank, as well as the communication needs of other Departments at the Food Bank.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to execute all external communication initiatives including, but not exclusive to, quarterly newsletters, annual reports, blog postings, pitches, press releases, media talking points, event briefings and other press and publication-ready materials.
- Support other Departments at the Food Bank to ensure proper adherence to brand standards in all internally and externally facing materials and in the creation and maintenance of Food Bank collateral.
- Manage the appearance and content strategy for all owned channels including website and social media, including the design and publication of original digital market assets, e.g. infographics.
- Draft and distribute materials to gain media coverage of Food Bank activities. Serve as one of the media spokespeople for the Food Bank as needed.
- Maintain the proper inventory of all physical and printed branded assets.
- Performs other such duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, English or journalism.
- 2-5 years experience in job-related field required, non-profit experience preferred.
- Superb interpersonal, written (including proofreading and editing) and oral communications skills.
- Proficient in the Adobe software suite and all social media outlets. Direct experience in media functions a plus.
- Proficient in Wordpress website development and maintenance preferred.
- Photography, videography and video editing a plus, though not required.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus, though not required.
- Insured vehicle with valid California driver license.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and take accountability for performance.
- Client and donor focused, consistently fulfilling internal and external commitments. Anticipates client and donor needs and responds in a timely and helpful manner.
- Highly organized, meticulous, detailed and service-oriented with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and lead multiple projects simultaneously. Organizes work day effectively to capitalize on available time, takes advantage of resources and network when unanticipated opportunities arise.
- Interested in collaborating in a team environment across departments. Considers others needs before taking action.
- Must be available during evening and weekends to respond to media inquiries, interview clients for fundraising purposes, and engage with supporters on social media platforms.
- Must be available at a moment’s notice in situations such as a natural disaster or Food Bank emergencies (such as an accident, the website going down, etc).
Job Title: Development Database Manager
Supervisor: Director of Annual Giving and Donor Relations
Responsible for database management and administration, donor records, data entry, data quality and integrity, data analysis, training and other donor relations functions that assist the development team in maximizing fundraising effectiveness.
Oversee and assist with gift processing; review and commit batches, code donations, prepare back up gift documentation, approve matching gifts and volunteer hours, make adjustments and perform data entry;
Supervises the Development Assistant responsible for data entry and temporary staff during heavy giving season; Review daily and monthly reports for reconciliation with accounting department; Oversee and assist with all acknowledgement letters created in-house using Raiser’s Edge mail function; Assist with prioritization of gift processing and acknowledging work load; Manage records and donor relations for monthly donor (sustainer) program; Import and export data to and from Raiser’s Edge from various sources such as Luminate Online/TeamRaiser and lockbox, both manually and using Importomatic software; Develop and maintain queries/exports for direct appeals, communications, publications, events and projects; Collaborate with development team to track and report on fundraising progress and donor trends; Develop reports varying in complexity on an ad hoc basis; Maintain the overall integrity and quality of the donor database, including regular data improvement and hygiene, enforcement of database business processes and management of code values, business rules and other set-up functions of the database; Recommend and execute data enhancements such as wealth screenings and data appends.
Provide support and training in use of database, including orientation for all new development staff and specialized training in response to changing roles, business processes and database functionality; Collaborate with vendors and keep abreast of new database features and trends to maximize database optimization and performance; Respond to general donor questions regarding giving and concerns via phone and email; Submit requests for and coordinate temporary data entry staff as needed; Track supplies needed to perform donor relations functions and request orders as needed; Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and/or equivalent experience in a non-profit/development environment; 3 to 5 years of experience with Raiser’s Edge database administration including data hygiene, data import/export, queries and data entry; 2 to 4 years of experience designing, developing and generating reports from relational database application; Proficient in use of Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel and Word; Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users; Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner; Ability to work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals and projects; Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external constituents; Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; Possess a positive and productive attitude; Passion for the advancement of the organization’s mission; Commitment to the seven values of the organization: respect, stewardship & accountability, collaboration, urgency, service, integrity and diversity.
Expert use of Luminate Online, TeamRaiser and Importomatic; Ability to troubleshoot software problems; Skill in training individuals in software applications; Knowledge of applicable tax laws, the fundraising process and the concept of donor relations.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans; life insurance; Employee Assistance and long-term disability plans; flexible spending accounts and a 403(b) retirement savings plan. If interested in this position, please submit a resume with cover letter and salary history/requirements directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resume only.
As a part of the Food Bank’s pre-employment screening process, all potential employees are subject to a Criminal Background Check.
Los Angeles Regional Food Bank is proud to be an “Equal Opportunity Employer”.
Los Angeles Regional Food Bank is proud to be an “Equal Opportunity Employer”.